Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Brief smugness

I decided to skip dressage this evening, partly because, memento mori, my hip issues cropped up again after Monday's bareback work with Doc (if someone would just crack the stupid thing, I would feel infinitely relieved, but apparently it don't work that way), and partly because a coworker is leaving and there was a farewell happy hour at which I would not need to pay the bar's usually outrageous prices.

Now that the heavens have opened, apocalyptic crackadoom and all, right in the middle of what would be the usual class time, that feels like a smart decision.

In other news, a friend who has been stationed overseas for the last few years has let it be known, through the grapevine, that she is getting married to a guy she met over there. I really hope that they decide to open the wedding to everyone who wants to show up, because I would fly for 13 hours, even unto the point of entrusting myself to Aeroflot's tender mercies, just for a chance to hear the local boys sing. The whole "being thrilled for friends and wanting to stand witness at their marriage" thing would be a lovely bonus.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'd be happy for any excuse to join a big party in a country where the people and the landscapes are equally gorgeous, the wine puts France's to shame, and you stand a good chance of getting a roasted sheep for dinner at some point.

No comments: