Friday, November 9, 2007

Old love notes

In going back through some old e-mail, I rediscovered Slashdot's classic interview with Neal Stephenson. One person submitted the obvious question: "In a fight between you and William Gibson, who would win?"

Excerpt: "Gibson and I dueled among blazing stacks of books for a while. Slowly I gained the upper hand, for, on defense, his Praying Mantis style was no match for my Flying Cloud technique. But I lost him behind a cloud of smoke. Then I had to get out of the place. The streets were crowded with his black-suited minions and I had to turn into a swarm of locusts and fly back to Seattle."

Aw man, now I want to fight his brother.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We're old fogies according to this /. article about the demographics and habits of email users vs. post-emailers: http://www.slate.com/id/2177969

3pennyjane said...

I embrace my fogeyhood. The teenyboppers at the barn say that they cannot imagine using mainly e-mail. They also buy their horses Izod halters; I cannot sympathize and do not wish to. Definitely a fogey, me. But I enjoy rereading old correspondence, either in print or via e-mail, and will resist anything that limits that. LOL, OMG WTF so old!!1!!