Sunday, May 18, 2008

Making lemon-pepper vignettes


Conversation with a neighbor who paved over his two inches of back yard.
"How you call those things, little monkeys in the trees."
"Squirrels?"
"I het."

******************
Conversation on the porch.
"Ooh, croissants! I knew if we sat here long enough someone would come out with food."
"Just for that, you've got to make yourselves useful and put cushions on the chairs."
"DAMMIT."

******************
Conversation with my camera battery.
"Do you need to use the charger?"
"Nope, I'm good."
"Really? You're sure you couldn't use a little extra power?"
"Nope. Totally fine here."
"Because we could bring the charger. It would be easy. Actually, it would be stupid not to."
"Seriously! I'm fine! Leave the stupid charger and let's just go already!"
"Okay, if you say so...Welcome to Noo Yersey! Hey, look, what a great shot! Everyone's gathered around the table and toasting the roller team! Go go gadget camera!"
"Um, is this a good time to mention that I kind of need to use the charger?"
"DAMMIT."

1 comment:

Flying Lily said...

"Little monkeys in the trees....I het."

This is too good. I have to admit I het them too as they swarm in on my bird feeder like fat ninjas, turn it upside down and shake everything out, and then do a victory dance over the seeded ground.