Saturday, August 9, 2008

What is this "skiving" of which you earthlings speak?

I promise that I'm working on the Canadian trip write-up and posting the other kersquillion photos thereof, but I have been hobbled by work and other lifestuff this week. Like a good lil slacker, I am now bailing to meet the elusive Sunflake for dinner up north while the weather is good. It's not clear exactly when all the hotels in New York decided that "oh you must be insane" was an appropriate price point year-round, but let's go the easy route and blame it on Giuliani. Stupid mayor, making it unholy expensive for me to jaunt up for a pignioli fix from Rocco's or some of the nectar-of-the-gods soup dumplings at Joe's Shanghai. I mean, at those prices I should stay home and eat healthy. But won't.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ach, I'm sorry I missed you *again*. One of these days our timing will sync appropriately, y/y?

3pennyjane said...

Someday! I hope that Philly was a good substitute.

Rocco's was closed for its own baycayshuns, so Sunflake and I, wailing piteously, went one block up Christopher for Argentine-style yogurt and mixed-berry gelatos. HALLO, I will have another.