Thursday, October 30, 2008

Invisibul nitting needul

I woke up at some wee hour of Wednesday morning feeling as though someone had rammed a dowel rod straight through my left ocular ridge and out the back of my head. In such moments do we learn whether we've taught ourselves to open the child-proofed analgesics bottle without even turning on the light. I knocked back some naproxen sodium and went back to sleep, hoping that the merry elves who live in the pills would do the job while I snoozed. Alas, either the little buggers were on vacation or the Campaign for Equal Heights had declared a work stoppage.

A hot shower proved useless for pain relief, and I made it through all of two hours of work before deciding that what I really needed was to spend some quality time in a dark room, whining softly from beneath a cold washcloth (or...GENIUS! one of those chilled gel eyemasks, the invention of which should have earned someone a Nobel). Five hours of quality nappage later, I felt closer to human than to hemicranial shish kabob, but it was still painful enough that I canceled on my riding class. Call me a wimp, but I want all my brainy parts working when I'm around large animals. Instead I watched the Obama infomercial, swapped reactions with IE via text, and went to bed early. Life is mo' boring when there are no horses.

Ordinarily I would've written this off as a regular migraine, but in catching up on the webs today I learn otherwise; clearly it was my body's reaction to the BBC's horrible news. Nooooo, they be stealin mah Tennant!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had been having a pretty good day and now you've put a needle through my heart.

My poor sister. She'll probably be rolling on the floor crying when she reads the news.

At least there are some specials to look forward to . . . .

Will Doctor-Donna be back?

Will we have Whogasms with the next Doctor?

Unknown said...

And I hope you feel better, natch.

3pennyjane said...

I have no idea whether Donna, doctored or no, is supposed to be back. Catherine Tate never really worked for me except in the Red Nose special ("I still ain' bovvered!"), and the Tennant aspect is the big news.

The guy who played the Marquis de Carabas in BBC's "Neverwhere" is the heavy favorite to replace the hyper Scotsman. And my head is feeling better, thansk.

Unknown said...

I liked Catherine Tate because she was more his mate, as in buddy, than the others who were more quasi-romantic interests.

I guess I was wondering if Russell T. Davies would wrap it up by having the doctor die after all because of the Doctor-Donna issue.

Interesting on Paterson Joseph! Keep them rumors coming. You are my Daily Beast.