Saturday, November 1, 2008

Allons-y

Here's an elegant bit of elegaic geekdom wot I am posting not just because David Tennant is pretty but also because he's been a fantastic Doctor. Christopher Eccleston left some big shoes to fill, but Tennant made it look easy.




I will post photos from last night's Halloween entertainment later, though I regret in advance not having been able to get reaction shots of the two guys in front of us in line at Giant. Apparently in the Dominican Republic you don't often see a giant Tigger and a witch in green scrubs buying booze and talking stats. It seems a shame that that would be the case, but no doubt they've got their own expected times and places for becostumed wonkerie.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nothing like a bit of nostalgia in the afternoon. He's not yet gone and I already miss him. We're teaching the wee wee bat "Allons-y!"

Did you notice what the soundtrack is? So much geekery, it hurts.

3pennyjane said...

Oh dear, you're going to have to revoke my geek card, the one I earned by following so many wearing X-world crossover series, because I didn't recognize that it was Transformers music. Is there a formal ceremony for stripping someone of their cred? A ritual shunning?

I did go to Punkin Chunkin yesterday, at the cost of an insupportable number of hours stuck in traffic on 50. The things we will do for pumpkin funnel cakes.

Unknown said...

You are a geek lifer, so forget about trying to get out of it.

I have just come to the sad realization after thinking about Punkin Chunkin that it may be a while before we go. The wee wee one has developed a distaste for the car seat for distances as short as thirty blocks. Can you imagine sitting in traffic with a distressed baby. Shudder.

3pennyjane said...

So this isn't one of those "won't be a member of any club that'll have me" things, phew.

Yankee Siege was out of commission, FAIL. The air cannons were still great, WIN. The low-country catering business served freshly fried fish, spicy collards, and mac and cheese, QUADRUPLE WIN. The traffic really did add up to almost six hours, ARGH.

And I hear there's an election tomorrow?