Thursday, July 19, 2007

All the news, eventually

Hey! The Post has written up the Buffy Singalong! They don't mention that tickets are already sold out, but maybe they're betting on a thriving scalpers' market to satisfy anyone who shows up on their recommendation. For those who missed the window this time around, the Avalon is promising to bring the musical back in November.

Riding classes resumed this week, at least for dressage, and an evening of trying to bring my leg to bear on a contrary Morgan has left me limping again. We eventually ironed out most of our differences, although I'm convinced that Cappi belongs in Western tack, and the hip should be fine after a bit of stretching and wiggling.

Should said contortions not do the trick, it's back to the folks at Healthy Self Massage. A bit of backstory: When I was first looking for a place to get a massage, I hit up Google (as you do) and tried to come up with the search string least likely to land me at links for Black Orchid Flowers Happiness Relief Massage to Gentlemen--All Discreets, Lovely Woman, Discounts for Legislators. Fortunately, Gene Weingarten, investigative reporter par excellence, was there to reassure me that even the sketchiest-looking parlors are in full compliance with the law. Phew! Healthy Self sounds positively puritan by comparison; I can't remember the last time one of the Bulgarian guys showed up in a sequined dress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I missed the singalong. I was in DC recently. Meant to call you.

3pennyjane said...

Next time, maybe, for both the singalong and the visit. I hope things are going well up in Chi-town!