Thursday, July 12, 2007

Joss: He's What's for Dinner

So much for the betting pool on the Joss Whedon dinner in San Diego. My bet of $9,000 has already been trumped, as has weebat's bet of $10,001 (by a few of the bidders, at least), and by the time the auction closes I would not be shocked to see something in the range of twelve grand for this meal. Let's see, three hours, twelve grand, four thousand an hour, sixty-seven dollars per minute...oh my God, the room is spinning. People! You have too much money! What are you doing, giving it to charity like that?

I mean, who wants to hear this guy go on all night?

Oh right. A whoooole lot of people.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The winning bidder for Seat Number Five lucked out only $9,400. The rest paid $10K plus, some $11K plus.

3pennyjane said...

So you kind of won the pool? But since there was no money staked, I suppose it's academic.

Really, I am jealous that these people can afford this dinner. Joss is probably a hilarious conversationalist, particularly if you get him talking about why he writes such strong women characters.

Unknown said...

I finally got off my beehind and watched this youtube clip. Awesome. BTW, you do amazing impressions. Everyone should see the author of this blog do Joss.

3pennyjane said...

Wait, when the hell did I do a Joss impression? Were the drugs kicking in or what?