Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Match It for Pratchett

Terry Pratchett, as has been mentioned here before, has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. It's horrible to think about someone like him having his mind eroded piecemeal, but it's a shitty diagnosis for anyone. Pratchett has donated $1,000,000 to Alzheimer's research, saying that he would eat the arse out of a dead mole if it would give him a fighting chance, and no sooner had the news hit the papers than fans set up Match It for Pratchett to make it an even million quid. You can stop by and make a simple donation, buy a t-shirt, or, if you're feeling flush, check out some of the online auctions (I hear tell that the Luggage, full of autographed copies of all the Discworld books, is available). Then maybe head over to one of the US Alzheimer's funds and give them something as well. To quote the Omnians, we are here, and this is now. Go do a good thing.

2 comments:

Spotted Sparrow said...

Thank you for posting this! I am ashamed to admit that I had forgotten about his diagnosis in the craziness that has become my life. I just started reading The Wee Free Men today, which had me trying to swallow outbursts of laughter on the train. Here's to the exchange rate being in my favour so I can donate more!

3pennyjane said...

There c'n ainly be hwin tousand! I loves me some Feegles. The damn exchange rate makes buying a pound ridiculously expensive.