Thursday, July 17, 2008

100% pure fluff

Y'all, I have had a right miserable few days, so today's blogging is going to be on the fluffy side. Hate kittens and rainbows and otherwise random happy-making photos? Your tough luck, because I'm going to slap up a few pictures and then go get my Dr. Horrible fix (stand back, everyone, nothing here to see).


Elf! He is, in this picture, trying very hard to catch my camera strap, because it is for playing with rather than holding on to.


More likely this leads to cow pies than a pot of aureous specie. Photographic technique: Pull car to side of road. Aim camera. Wait for semi to pass. Wait for SUV to pass. Refocus camera while grandmother in passenger seat recites the antecedents of the SUV's driver. Click.


What better way to express your piety than working the image of your savior into your mortuary phallic symbol?


Dear Buenos Aires, send me a ticket and I will be back in a flash. Of, um, eight hours, give or take purgatorial transfers in Miami. I miss you.

3 comments:

4mastjack said...

I have this uncontrollable habit, one that somewhat tarnishes my otherwise tough-guy image:

I see a cat, actual live or photographically reproduced, doesn't matter which, and immediately I exclaim, "Kitty!" Fairly loudly too.

Young Elf produced just this very reaction, but then so also did that un-named rascal lying on, blithely making even more of a mockery of, the necrophallus.

Also, I am, in fact, neither the player nor the piece. I might be one of the squares on the board, though. Not sure really.

3pennyjane said...

It is nigh impossible to make that joke about the cat on that particular monument. Take it as read.

Recoleta is base for quite a few kitties, all of them mellow about getting patted by the tourists. The groundskeepers get the cats fixed and feed them, so the warm dark-stone mausolea in the cemetery's center are adrape with felines warming their harbles on teh marbles. It adds an oddly homey touch to the place.

3pennyjane said...

Sorry, NOT to make that joke.