Friday, March 13, 2009

Ow ow ow

I survived the ominously named Chisel class, a festival of lunges and squats and curls and push-ups. I festivated with the lightest dinkiest weights they had and was still barely able to walk the two sets of stairs out of the gym afterward. Also challenging: the teacher's heavy Kiwi accent. She would yell instructions over the music (...Alice Cooper's "Poison"? this class is awesome) and I would look desperately for a mirror in hopes of figuring out what she wanted us to do.

By the time I left, most of my bits were shaking with fatigue and lactic acid burn, so I was not my usual power-striding self. Teal was kind enough to not to give me attitude for being late for dinner, and we conducted a highly unscientific survey about the effect large quantities of crepes have on mental health status. Results are positive and call for further research, especially on the strawberry/kiwi/honey front, and the chestnut paste should not be neglected either.

Abs work! Try to keep a straight face through this video of Ricky Gervais and Elmo ad-libbing. Right, right, "Oh, Elmo, bleargh," but trust me.

No comments: