Monday, April 27, 2009

A short summary

The group hosting this week's planned event in Morelia decided to postpone the meeting until July. So hurrah, I have done all my laundry and somewhat straightened up my place and gotten my packing list in order and yet don't have to actually go through passport control or explain why my Chapstick isn't in a one-quart plastic bag.

On the other hand, aw, just a little bit. This trip sounded fun, before words like gripe porcina and cubrebocas started being bandied about. Let's airdrop in some Tamiflu and get our southern neighbors back on their feet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Also, there was apparently an earthquake! http://twitter.com/logovo/status/1631337403

Way to go, universe.

(considering I first heard about the earthquake on Gawker, with the headline "It's getting Biblical in Mexico" the fact that my capcha word is "bibled" is, um, freaky.

3pennyjane said...

Next thing we'll be hearing that the veil of the temple was rent in twain. Not cool, this whole smiting of the innocents aspect. (Though that picture of the couple smooching in their surgical masks...should someone maybe talk to them?)